What is the correlation of ants to writing? An insect is very different to a craft, a hobby or a living – which is writing. Ants are akin to science and many topics have been written about it. In this post, I discuss the connection of the two.
1. Ants hoard foods. We could hoard topics, keywords, tips and ideas, just like writing prompts (see Daily Post and Plinky). All of these will come in handy when the inspiration to write strikes. But what about if there is no inspiration? Then, it leads you to the ant writing tip #2.
2. Ants keep trying. It is normal to have written untitled and unfinished posts, stories, essays or whatever. What’s important is you keep on writing and trying until you find your voice/niche to write and get your creative juices flowing. Being a writer is not easy, even if you are freelancing. What more if it is your full-time job? If it is your job, you should possess the ant characteristic in ant writing tip #3. At least, even a bit.
3. Ants are industrious. They are never lazy. As a writer, one can never be lazy especially if the post is informative and needs critical information and research. It won’t hurt to do some research before putting your written words out there. The information reflected in your writing must be (well, at least) correct and accurate if not near to perfect. No one is perfect but information must be captured well so as not to miseducate your audience.
4. Ants are busy. Was there a time where you remember so well that ants are idle? As humans, we have an excuse to be idle. But, when we start to write, it is better to keep our minds busy than idle the whole time. Taking a hiatus from writing, of course, is a different story.
5. Ants help each other. They motivate each other and they value team work. I have observed the ants in our garden and they greet and help each other carry the load of their fellows. Help is everywhere. We could always ask our friends to give honest feedbacks about what we have written. All we need is to open our minds, always practice and have ample patience until we get the writing done. Eventually, it will lead to a bit of improvement and good results.
So, be like the ants when it comes to writing and never ever quit.