I must admit that I am overwhelmed for two months now. I am happy, tired, irritated, and I feel a lot of emotions that I cannot even describe. Let me give you a gist of what happened for the past two months until now. I cannot list everything but these are the top things that made me feel like I’m a lunatic and fool, exhausted as hell maybe.
- I do not want to say goodbye to someone I’ve had for too long, but I have to. Life’s like that and I have to accept it. Last year, I lost someone who’s dear to me and now, it happened again. I am not like this before and this is my first time experiencing great loss (that’s how I call it). I’d like to think they are stars, shining and always watching over me — that way, I’ll think of happiness whenever I see stars everywhere.
- I was hired for a great open source project that I have no idea about. Yes, I did what I could to get in and did my part. But damn, the project is too hard, maybe because it is new to me and I am not a technical person. But it pays to try and I hope I’ll be able to help them with their documentation.
- I think I’ve spread myself too thin, for being so giving to people, all in the name of love and friendship. I gotta let some people go, not because I don’t love them but because they do not deserve me. I know some people out there who are willing to reciprocate the love I give and who are willing to be there, esp. when I need them. I am not expecting something in return, but these are the kind of people who deserve all the love and attention in this world. I hope you will also get to find your own people. 🙂
- Some things I’d rather not say because such things are not worthy of this space.
We are all human and it’s natural to feel this way. I know what I am feeling cannot be compared to those people who are sick, depressed, and those who are fighting for their lives. These people are my inspiration because amidst all that have happened to them, they have managed to pushed through with life and live their lives with color and vigor everyday.
Some of the tips I have done in order to feel less overwhelmed:
- Rest, even for awhile. An adage says, “Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.”
- Eat your comfort food or drink something that relaxes you.
- Talk or listen to people who can make you feel at ease. If you are physically with “your people,” go hug them. Our pets are our family so hug and play with them, too.
- Do something that makes you forget why you are overwhelmed in the first place.
- If there’s a need to take a hiatus, go take it even in the midst of a pandemic.
- Meditate or do nothing, in case you like to try something different because the above mentioned tips did not work.
Last but not least, we must be grateful that we are overwhelmed. We still can feel this “feeling that we do not want to feel” at times. This only means that we are all human and we are capable of feeling a lot of different emotions. It is definitely up to us to feel overwhelmed, remain to feel this way, or turn things around and make something wonderful. That is the kind of overwhelming feeling that I hope we all get to feel in this lifetime. Cheers!